Closing date: 08 Nov 2013
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the five-year, USAID-funded Higher Education Leadership and Management Project in Indonesia. Entering the third year of implementation, the project aims to strengthen the capacity of Indonesian higher education institutions to perform effectively in four main areas: financial management, general administration and management, quality assurance, and collaboration with external stakeholders. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical direction and management oversight of project activities and operations, including project work planning and performance management
- Serve as key project liaison with USAID, project partners and stakeholders, and other donors and project implementers
- Provide technical assistance to partners, including the Directorate General for Higher Education at the Ministry of National Education, and 50 partner higher education institutions nationwide
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations, project performance, and results reporting
- Advanced graduate degree in administration of planning of higher education preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the successful implementation of higher education human and institutional capacity development programs, including several years of experience in international contexts
- Management experience working with multicultural offices, empowering and building capacity host-country staff
- Proven leadership and ability to lead capacity development programs across institutions in international contexts and to develop vision among diverse partners and multidisciplinary teams
- Experience administering USAID or other donor-funded contract or grant of similar size, including demonstrated skills and success in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting
- Knowledge of Indonesian and/or regional higher education challenges, opportunities, and issues preferred
- Fluency in English and strong interpersonal and communication skills required; Bahasa Indonesia language skills a plus
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply: