Save the Children will develop local capacity in Bener meriah and Aceh Tengah district to cover 4 sub district servoces to chlidren and their mothers. The program will strengthen and improve the quality of Health, Education and Livelihood and initiate new services i villages where they do not exist in new area. Emergency Program also work to build the capacity of existing kindegartens, health and Nutrition, livelihood strengthening coffee farmers house holds through such interventions, Save the Children can help children to reach their full potentials and ultimately strengthen the communities in which they live.
Now, we are seeking a position of:
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Emergency Response Aceh Project (code: Monev-ER), Bener Meriah, 1 position
The M&E Officer will be responsible for overall monitoring and evaluation of several Projects in Bener Meriah, also to develop and implement all projects activities, ensuring that all M&E strategies and activities are well implemented. The post holder will also work with the Aceh Program Manager and Project Coordinator as well as the National M&E Specialist on all aspect of monitoring and evaluation work of the Bener Meriah Projects to support programs to develop and deliver good monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. He/she will work intensively in the baseline, mid-term, endline or evaluation designs, implementations and report; and also develop good database of Bener Meriah Projects.
· In close coordination with Program Manager Bener Meriah as well as National Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, develop research, M&E plan and strategy according to all project indicators that are required by the donor and SCI.
· Together with three Senior Program Officers, develop an effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting system (including documenting activities) to ensure the effectiveness of project monitoring and evaluation implementation.
· Ensure the collection of baseline, mid-term, endline and evaluation data; as well as work on the report.
· Ensure close collaboration with stakeholders in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation of project activities including establishing and developing strong and effective relationships with key district government officials and non-governmental stakeholders.
· Closely monitor the implementation of the project work-plan by other staff are appropriately implemented and meet the needs of project target documents requirements.
· Produce regular progress reports highlighting achievements against plans, challenges to implementation and recommendations for the component performance improvement and monthly report summary.
· Ensure timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual activity, monitoring reports in accordance with the Bener Meriah M&E framework, donor requirements and SCI requirements.
· Develop and Manage monitoring and evaluation data base of Projects in Bener Meriah.
· Ensure that there is excellent communication and cooperation within the team and between all the Project in Bener Meriah.
· Complete any other duties as assigned by line manager.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant field
· At least 4 years work experience with non-government organizations, at least some experiences in managing M&E for education projects
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
· Ability to work fast, effectively and independently in often high pressure environments, working across a number of teams to deliver high communications output.
· Knowledge of project cycle management as well as skills in methods of Monitoring and Evaluation systems.
· Strong analytical and writing skills.
· Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead project team work as well as to develop and maintain strong relationships project staffs and beneficiaries
· Computer literacy skills in particularly related to M&E tools, knowledge in other database program would be an advantage
· Experience in working in multicultural environment
SCI Values Practice
1. To carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
2. To carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to email@example.com
Please fill the subject column of the e-mails in this format: code of the position <> your name <>.
Closing date for application is up to 20 October 2013
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Childrens commitment to protecting children from abuse