Strategic Asia is a high end policy consultancy based in Jakarta, Indonesia. We provide research and consulting services to governments, private businesses, international organisations and civil society organisations. Our past clients have included AusAid, USAID, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the United Nations Development Programme, the Earth Institute and TATA Power, among others.
We are seeking a highly capable graduate from a top university to join our research team here in Jakarta. Key responsibilities will include analytical research and writing reports and policy briefs on various policy issues. Areas of research may include energy and climate change, governance and economic policy. However, we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who have knowledge of and/or an interest in education policy in Indonesia.
At Strategic Asia you will develop your research and policy analysis skills, dealing with real and current policy challenges. You will get the chance to work with government officials and policy experts from leading international organisations. You will also get your work published and accredited. Our other Indonesian office in Bali means that you will have the chance to travel, as well as work on projects that may take you across the country. We offer an attractive basic salary and expense package for Indonesia, with opportunities for advancement. We also offer a dynamic and friendly working environment where your contributions will be highly valued.
· A masters degree in education policy, economics, political science or a related field, with a grade equivalent to a GPA score of 3.0 or above, from a top university
· Excellent written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia and English (equivalent to IELTS score of 6.5 or TOEFL iBT score of 90)
· Strong analytical and research skills
· Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
· Ability to manage deadlines and a busy workload
· Ability to assimilate information quickly
· Interest in and knowledge of current affairs and public policy issues, especially education policy
Please email a concise 2 page CV and covering letter of no more than 200 words to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Application Research Officer as the subject of the email. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.