Chemonics International seeks a short-term Coastal Planning and Policy Specialist for the USAID-funded Indonesia Marine and Climate Change Support (IMACS) project. This project supports the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in improving sustained management of marine ecosystems by providing technical support for key marine activities with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF), local communities, and the private sector.
· Promoting engagement across GOI to develop policies on coastal degradation and climate change adaptation with a focus on Ministry of Environment.
· Building capacity of MMAF staff in interdisciplinary, national development of coastal community resilience and climate change adaptation policies.
· Supporting dialog between MMAF and local communities to adapt regulatory frameworks for coastal climate adaption practices including zoning, land and sea use planning.
· Advanced degree preferred
· Knowledge of Indonesias issues and policies on climate change adaptation and community resilience (CCAR).
· Experience implementing CCAR strategies with local and national level counterparts
· Previous work in professional training and institutional capacity building
· At least 7 years experience in a role relevant to the work listed above
· Proficiency speaking and writing in English
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with the subject: ST Coastal Planning and Policy Specialist to IMACSproject@gmail.com as soon as possible but no later than November 8, 2013. Finalists will be contacted.