Responsibilities 1 : Administration ensure effective, efficient and
smooth administration of the Country Directors (CD) office and
Program Unit Manager (PUM) :
1. Manage Communication (Written correspondence, phone calls, visitors)
and attend to all inquiries between the CDs office, donors, other CARE
Country Offices, CARE HQs and other collaborators.
2. Initiate CDs, Senior Management Team (SMT) , and Program Managers procurement and travel requests and monitor
all procedure items, which include travel service, office supplies, and
3. Oversee all travel arrangement for CD and SMT (Senior Management Team).
4. In coordination with the CD, prepare annual office budget, monitor the
budget to ensure expense have been appropriately charged.
Responsibilities 2: Provide secretarial support to
the Country Director and Program Unit Manager :
1. Assist in the planning of the CDs calendar, within the Country Office
2. Attend to all visitors to the CDs office and PUM and advice or direct
3. Maintain and update the CDs and Program Unit Manager (PUM) office
4. Compose type and edit letters as requested for the CDs office,
ensuring effective filling and easy retrieval of the same.
5. Take precise and clear notes of CD meetings as required including
Senior Management Team meetings. Prepare minutes in conjunction with the CD.
6. Ensure update of the Country Offices AOP (Annual Operating Plan) on a
quarterly basis by soliciting and collating brief summary responses from the
various persons responsible.
7. Together with a website consultant and in liaison with CD and PUM
develop and maintain CII Website.
8. On an ongoing basis update CARE Indonesias Projects Profile and
ensures that the updated information is uploaded to the website, and Minerva
and Knowledge management system.
9. Serve as a resource person in knowledge management.
10. Sort and set up photo archive.
11. Collect and consolidate financial data on CARE Indonesias funding
portfolio, in addition update pipeline data and ensure that the information
gathered is correct as determined by finance department and program team.
12. Assist PUM to ensure that
quarterly, biannual and annual reports are received by the CD 3 weeks prior
to submission date and that they meet requirements and are in line with
13. Translation in Bahasa Indonesia to English and vice versa.
14. Other duties as may be assigned by the CD from time to time.
Responsibilities 3 :
Responsible for administrative/documentation, meeting and secretarial support
to Country Director and Program Unit Manager :
1. Hardcopy filing, electronic filing, printing, faxing, scanning all
documents required by Country Director and Program Unit Manager
2. Coordinate the translation of documents translation in-house or
external and dissemination of memo and announcements to all CII staffs both
of country office and sub-offices.
3. Collecting document for CDs signature, including preparation of
request for payments for items related to Country Director.
4. SMT Meeting arrangement: collecting documents, reserve meeting room,
prepare material and tools for meeting, taking minutes, draft minutes, send final
approved minutes to SMT member and CARE Canada management.
5. Support on correspondences and management of business calls.
6. Record and arrange agenda schedule for Country Director and also
record of leave and travel schedule.
7. Ensure the travel arrangement such booking ticket s& accommodation,
prepare travel request form (TRF), prepare Travel Expense Report (TER) is
done correctly properly and
8. Assist with any other business, international visitor and consultants
9. Assist CD and PUM in preparation of concept notes and proposals and ensure these are
presented in professional manner.
Responsibilities 4 :
Responsible for other administrative support duties related to Country Office
1. Make sure the duty of driver is done properly.
2. Check and approved Daily Vehicle log book.
3. Checked and approved Overtime for driver.
5. Maintain a high
standard of transparency and accountability in all transactions carried out
Responsibilities 5 : Public Relations
1. Work hand in hand with Support Unit to ensure
effective and professional operations of the Jakarta office reception,
ensuring that clients and the public receive a positive and professional
impression of CARE Indonesia.
2. Develop and Implement a communications strategy to ensure coordinated
effort, sharing of information and exchanging of experiences including
management of web-based communication.
3. Serve as a resource person in matters related to communication.
CAREs good image at all levels, internal and external.
TERMS OF OFFER
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary
Please submit your applications before October 31, 2013 to CARE
Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted