Tetra Tech ARD is currently accepting expressions of interest for the Regional Forest & Conservation Officer (Katingan, Kalimantan based) on our USAID Indonesia Forestry and Climate Support Project (USAID IFACS).
USAID IFACS seeks to reduce the threats of deforestation and climate change, and help the Government of Indonesia (GOI) conserve the countrys tropical forests, wildlife, and ecosystem processes (including carbon sequestration).
S/he is responsible for implementation of USAID IFACS activities from her/his designated Regional Office (includes two landscapes) related to both forest and general landscape conservation issues. The Officer will report to the Regional Manager and receive technical advice from the Jakarta based Forest and Biodiversity Conservation Advisor.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Participate in development of landscape, and district level work plans related to forest and landscape conservation.
Collaborate closely with other project technical staff in the implementation of the work plan.
Develop and maintain close collaboration with key stakeholders, especially at district level, including those in local: government, civil society, and the private sector.
Assist identify local partners for collaboration and develop scopes of work for subcontracts, grants, short-term technical assistance, training and workshops among others.
Provide technical assistance directly to local communities, government and private sector entities to increase their understanding of and capacity to develop and implement both landscape and more specific area conservation activities. This to include providing assistance to implement Best Management Practices (BMP) with natural resource concessionaires and community forestry initiatives. Assisting advice on, forest conservation management and conservation plans, and organizing and leading trainings in related areas.
Assure programmatic, gender and technical integrity of regional governance activities through engaging Jakarta based technical advisers and integrating activities at the field level with other regional team members.
Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities as defined and to development of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
1. University degree in relevant subject matter such as forestry, geography, regional planning, conservation, rural development, and others.
2. 10 years of experience working in similar roles either for donor projects, NGOs or the GOI with at least 3 years of experience working on donor projects preferred.
3. In depth knowledge of the assigned region; should either be from the region or have at least 10 years working there;
4. In depth understanding of landscape conservation, land use, forestry, LEDS, and conservation issues.
5. Native fluency in spoken and written Indonesian;
6. Professional competency in spoken and written English.
7. Strong coordination and team playing skills.
8. Strong written and verbal communications skills.
9. Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
10. Ability to engage in activities occurring in multiple field sites with multiple stakeholders across Indonesia.
11. Willingness to travel extensively in Indonesia.
Please submit your recent CV as of 15 October, 2013 (the latest) with subject Regional Forest & Conservation Officer (Katingan, Kalimantan based) to: email@example.com
Tetra Tech ARD is an equal opportunity employer.