Conservation International, an international non-governmental organization, is seeking applicants for the following position to be based in Kasonaweja, Mamberamo Raya Regency Papua:
STAKEHOLDERS ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Stakeholders Engagement Coordinator will be a part of the implementation of The USAID-IFACS Mamberamo Project. The objective of the Project is to developing alternatives and recommendations, exploring low emission development strategies in Regency economic development, and integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation principles and the low emission development strategies that support traditional communities into Regency spatial planning. The project will develop needed capacities in Regency spatial planning and participatory methods, in geographic information systems (GIS) and spatial analysis, and in understanding the fundamentals of sustainable landscapes through a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA).
1. Engagement process and day-to-day liaison with local government, community, private and others stakeholders and partners on the ground in Mamberamo Raya Regency and provincial level
2. Develop key stakeholder networking, rising awareness, involving and supporting and ensure proper stakeholder working relationship for smoothly CI-IFACS Mamberamo project work implementation.
3. Assist and facilitate the project team and SEA team consultants to carry out the study and communicate its results, including planning tasks, workshops, events, and training.
4. Assist Mamberamo Sr. Coordinator (Tim Leader) to engagement process, organizing event, implementing and managing project activities within timetable, monitoring and reporting to Mamberamo Program Manager for any progress on regular basis.
5. Prepare monthly report and prepare draft quarterly progress reports and technical report.
6. Prepare articles and materials to publicize the event that carried out the project
· Degree in communication, policy and management, business administration, or relevant field, and 3-5 years experience of working within the NGO field,
· Strong experience with government and community relations and good communication skills.
· Well organized, diplomacy and negotiation.
· Personable, creative, team-oriented and highly motivated.
· Demonstrated and proven ability to produce tangible results, prioritize tasks and develop timelines
· Ability to communicate effectively in Indonesian, spoken and written and in English is an advantage.
· Experience working in an environmental organization and understanding of sustainable landscape management and climate chages issues is an advantage
Interested candidates should send a current resume and cover letter addressing the required skills and capabilities (no more than 3 pages) to: email@example.com. Indicate the position title Stakeholders Engagement Coordinator in the email subject line
Closing date for the application is 8 November 2013
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
For more information about CI, please visit our web: