Australias Education Partnership with Indonesia School Systems and Quality (AEPI SSQ)
Position: SSQ Finance Manager
Job Reference Number: EMR/AEPISSQ/017
Job Type: International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Schedule: Fixed Term
Job Location: Asia; Indonesia
Australias Education Partnership with Indonesia (the Education Partnership) is currently the largest intervention funded by the Australian Government anywhere in the world. Through the Education Partnership Australia supports the Indonesian Governments long-term strategy to strengthen and consolidate its national education system, with a particular focus on the current Indonesian five-year plan (2010 2014) and support for the initial stages of the subsequent five-year plan (2015 2019). The Education Partnership builds on the successes of previous Australian Government supports to the Indonesian education sector by strengthening government systems. Under the Education Partnership, there are three managing contractors and the largest, School Systems and Quality (SSQ) contract, is managed by Cardno. SSQ covers three components, each relating to a different aspect of the Education Partnership.
Each of the SSQ-supported components is national in scope, supporting existing government structures. Component 1 focuses on strengthening systems for infrastructure development within the education sector specifically, supporting MoEC to assure construction quality of new junior secondary schools. Component 2 is centered around the professional development of school and district management, particularly school principals, supervisors and district education officials, and design and implementation of a school induction program for schools built under Component 1. Component 3 supports the MoRAs five-year plan to achieve universal national accreditation of private madrasah (Islamic schools) in the Islamic education sub-sector.
The Program Support Office, assist all three components in the operations of their activities by providing Financial, Human Resources, Information Technologies and General Affairs support.
We are looking for qualified Indonesian professional as Finance Manager to provide oversight and coordination of the work of the SSQ Finance Section. The Finance Manager is responsible for supporting the Operations Manager in line with the SSQ Program Admin Manual.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for:
1. Monitor and coordinate tasks in the Finance Section.
· Distribute and monitor tasks assigned to finance staff to ensure that they are completed to the required quality and in a timely manner.
· Conduct performance reviews of finance staff.
· Build the capacity of Program finance staff to ensure that they are able to complete their work.
· Release funds from the bank as approved.
· Quality assure financial processes in the components in consultation with the Operations Support and Compliance Manager, and Operations Manager, as required.
2. Track actual internal Program expenditure and planned expenditure and provide reports to Component Managers.
· Manage the closing of accounts process and forward the MYOB backup to Cardno by day two of the month.
· Update the Lifetime Budget report based on the consolidated report sent from Cardno Emerging Markets Project Accountant
· Send financial reports of component expenditure to Component Managers within three days of updating the Lifetime Budget.
· Prepare a monthly fund request by the 25th of the month.
· The estimate of funds required should be within 95% of actual expenditure
3. Coordinate the preparation of other reports for the management team of SSQ.
· Overtime report to be prepared monthly
· Telephone reports to be prepared monthly
· Fixed Asset Register reconciliation to be prepared bi-monthly
· Advances and follow up to be prepared monthly
· Bank queries on an as needed basis
4. Cooperate with auditors and others as required.
· Extract information as requested
· Research and answer queries
· Provide evidence as required
5. Coordinate with the HR Manager to support the Operations Manager and Operations Support & Compliance Manager
· Coordinate with HR Manager on human resource issues particularly relating to payroll, income tax and contracting of staff
6. Coordinate with Cardno Emerging Markets Representative Office Program Coordinator and Office Accountant for related issues (e.g Technical Advisors or Tax issues)
· Seek advice on matters relating to all taxation issues particularly income tax.
· Seek advice on Cardnos requirements for handling abnormal issues
7. Review and revise financial processes and procedures for the effective management of all Program funds.
· Support the Operations Manager in the management of external audit processes, by taking a lead role in the day to day management of external auditor liaison i.e. requests, responses, explanations, and response strategy.
· Develop processes, internal controls, and provide documentation, reconciliations and monitoring information.
· Review audit findings and make recommendations on process improvements.
8. Other duties as required.
Job Key Responsibilities
Job Other Requirements
Skills and Experience Selection Criteria
The Finance Manager will need to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field with a minimum of five years experience in Accounting.
A bachelors degree or its equivalent in Accounting
Minimum eight years experience in international donor agencies and multinational companies
Able to operate accounting software, MYOB is preferred and MS Excel
Demonstrated experience in the preparation of compliance returns in respect of Personal Income tax, Withholding Tax and Value Added tax.
Demonstrated knowledge of Articles 21, 23 and 26 of Indonesian Taxation Law.
Proven ability to deliver high quality outputs on time and on budget.
Excellent communication skills (both English and Bahasa Indonesia) and well-developed interpersonal skills.
Possesses a strong service orientation Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment
How to apply for This Position:
Please send us:
1. Letter of application
2. Current Curriculum vitae/resume
3. Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
And submit the application via:
1. By email: email your application with the reference SSQ Finance Manager in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org ; or
2. On-line application. Go to www.cardno.com/careers and search for this position. Click Apply for this job located at the end of the advertisement.
Applications this position close at 9pm Jakarta time on 17 October 2013.
Cardno Emerging Markets is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child protection in all fields.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Australian Aid managed by Cardno Emerging Markets on behalf of AusAID
Competitive Indonesia National Remuneration Package.
Job Employee Benefits
For Query, please contact email@example.com with reference QUERY Finance Manager Position