Chemonics International, a global international development consulting firm (www.chemonics.com) seeks qualified Indonesian specialists for the USAID Higher Education Leadership and Management (HELM) project in Indonesia. HELM aims to improve the academic performance of Indonesias higher education sector through analytical support for strategic planning, policy analysis, and capacity development approaches for effective implementation of key reforms throughout Indonesias higher education sector. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Regional Specialist-East (based in Makassar)
The Regional Specialist East is responsible for developing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with HELM partner Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). In particular, the Regional Specialist will liaise with the HEIs HELM coordinator and other agent of change in partner institutions in the Eastern cluster of partners. This position will also be responsible for supporting the implementation of capacity development activities, providing site-based follow up after workshop and training events and on-going monitoring of HELM impacts at the institutional level. The regional specialist will also be tasked with the identification of needs where HELM program interventions might be focused in the future.
Eligibility Requirements for this Position
1. Bachelor degree in education, social development or related field required. Master degree preferred.
2. Minimum Five years of experience working in the field of Education with USAID or other donor supported programs required.
3. Proof of highly developed English communication skills both written and verbal required.
4. Experience developing and maintaining relationships with leaders of institutions required.
5. Familiarity with Indonesian higher education system preferred.
6. Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work well on teams.
7. Must be interested in working with a multi-cultural, international team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Application submission instructions:
Interested applicants for all positions listed below are requested to send a cover letter and resume (English) to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 14, 2013. Please list the position title in the subject line of the email. These positions are subject to USAID approval and salary scales.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, and genetic information.
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.