Muslim Aid is an international charity and development agency based in London with 26 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for disaster and conflict affected people across the globe. We are currently operating in more than 70 countries with 13 field offices. Our vision is a world of peace, compassion and justice where all people achieve fulfillment in all aspects of their lives. In Indonesia our main programs include Flood mitigation, Shelter and Livelihoods with our Field Office based in Banda Aceh, and further sub-offices in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, and Padang.
Under the direct supervision of and reporting to Program Officer of Muslim Aid Indonesia Yogyakarta Sub-field Office, Muslim Aid Yogyakarta is currently looking for a qualified and committed candidate to fill the following position:
Position title : Field Facilitator of Integrated Farming Project
Report to : Program Officer
Duty Station : Yogyakarta Sub Field Office
Type of Contract : 10 Months
Under the oversight supervision and guidance of Program Officer the incumbent will responsible to manage integrated farming program at the field level & provide technical assistance and capacity building in the community level.
The following specific duties have been enumerated mainly for the incumbent to have a clear understanding of the position and the roles and responsibilities expected.
1. Conduct assessment to identify the target of beneficiaries and their need relating to Muslim Aid program
2. Strengthening the groups by providing technical assistance and mentoring to the groups/community
3. Managing integrated farming program at the field level in effectiveness and accountable mechanism.
4. Responsible to assist the target community to develop their farming activities to be more integrated farming including organic fertilizer, marketing and networking support.
5. Assist the groups/ community to form and establish farmer CBO to ensure the program sustainability and program exit strategy.
6. Conduct regular field visit and monitoring to the target community relating to Muslim Aid program.
7. Prepare regular report on progress and obstacles of the program and result of monitoring submitted to the supervisor
8. Make close coordination and a good communication with local government, Social Agency and other stakeholders to ensure the sustainability of the program
9. Identify any constraints and issues, particularly in relation to the community and target beneficiaries, and implement a solution focused approach.
10. Assist in undertaking initiatives promoting Muslim Aids image and activities in the program region.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
· University degree
· Preferably with previous experience working in an international organization, UN and/or NGOs
· Previous experience in implementing livelihood programs, such as revolving funds, assets replacement, SMEs activities, etc.
· Willingness to spend a significant amount of time in the field to engage with the community and facilitating the community or stakeholders
· Ability to prepare quickly concise reports and input database
· Computer literate (word-processing, spreadsheet, e-mail exchange)
· Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking, and punctual.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations.
· Fluency in Javanese is required, English ability is advantageous
Applicants should submit a cover letter & updated CV (including at least three references with contact information) as attachment to email@example.com quoting the position applied as the subject of the e-mail. Example: Field Facilitator of Integrated Farming Project, Subject must be: [FFIFP] Your Name. Applications must be submitted at the latest 7 (seven) days after the vacancy published and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Muslim Aid gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, or religion.