Save the Children will develop local capacity in Bener meriah and Aceh Tengah district to cover 4 sub district services to children and their mothers. The program will strengthen and improve the quality of Health, Education and Livelihood and initiate new services in villages where they do not exist in new area. Emergency Program also work to build the capacity of existing kindergartens, health and Nutrition, livelihood strengthening coffee farmers house holds through such interventions, Save the Children can help children to reach their full potentials and ultimately strengthen the communities in which they live.
Now, we are seeking a position of:
EDUCATION OFFICER Emergency Response Project (code: EO-ER), based in Bener Meriah
1. Facilitate planning, organization and management of Education program activities.
Contribute in the set up and develop of program strategies and intervention, collaboration with other personnels in the team.
Collect, record and keep/maintain all Education situation data in target areas including community mapping, school committee, access to schools, and others data relevant with the program.
Develop TORs and budget estimate requirement to guide implementation for overall intermediate result activity.
Carry out, Organize or/conduct the health activities against operating plans as timely manner.
Conduct community awareness/campaign/socialization meetings linkage the program with stakeholders, community and local government.
Assist on mobilize communities, beneficiaries and other stakeholders to be involved in development process.
2. Track financial performance of activities
Assist in coming up with monthly plan/requirement for the Education component.
Develop monthly cash projection.
3. Facilitate capacity building of community and stakeholders.
Assist in identify capacity gaps for beneficiaries, group of community and line government partnership of the program .
In direction by the coordinator, conduct or collaboration with other officers to strengthen the Education/community ECD interventions such as workshop, serial training, regular coaching and campaign/promotion activities.
Ensuring the communities, posyandu cadres, ECD/kindegarten and primary school members ability to participate and contribute in kind to their development process.
4. Monitoring, evaluation and documentation of Education activities
With the other officers, contribute on regular monitoring and evaluation of the Education program activities in villages working areas
Conduct visits to sampled beneficiaries to asses performance of intervention in coordination with line local government partnership.
Track progress of of key indicator for strategic objective against the benchmarks and ensure information is provide to M & E for updating database in timely manner.
Provide the documentation of activities through photos, short movie, etc.
Follow the advice from Project Coordinator on issues that may effect the progress of activities under this component on time
· Bachelor University Degree or equivalent in relevant field.
· At least 3 years work experience with NGO, at least some experience in managing education projects.
· At least 2 years experience in education programs with International NGOs.
· Knowledge and skills in methods to promote improvements in Education
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Proven skills to develop an implementation plan and then efficiently implement activities.
· Demonstrated ability to write high quality reports and other project document in Indonesian and English.
· Computer literate.
SCI Values Practice
1. To carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
2. To carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to email@example.com
Please fill the subject column of the e-mails in this format: code of the position <> your name <>.
Closing date for application is up to 27 October 2013
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Childrens commitment to protecting children from abuse